We The People2
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Don’t Tread
BLOG:How 2's of the Forum
Are You Here?

ShoutMix chat widget
Poll

Is It Time For Term Limits For Congress?

View results

Russ Feingold's letter to Pres Obama

Go down

Russ Feingold's letter to Pres Obama Empty Russ Feingold's letter to Pres Obama

Post by pugzrule Wed Oct 07, 2009 10:51 pm

Excerpt of letter
The President of the United States
The White House
1600 Pennsylvania Avenue, NW
Washington, D.C. 20500

Dear Mr. President:

From the beginning of your administration, you have made an admirable commitment to transparency and open government. You showed the strength of your commitment by sending a memorandum to the heads of executive departments and agencies within a week of your inauguration, stating: "My administration will take appropriate action, consistent with law and policy, to disclose information rapidly in forms that the public can readily find and use."

As you know, there has been much discussion about your decisions to create and assign apparently significant policy-making responsibilities to White House and other executive positions; many of the persons filling these positions have come to be referred to in the media and even within your administration as policy "czars." I heard firsthand about this issue on several occasions from my constituents in recent town hall meetings in Wisconsin.

The Constitution gives the Senate the duty to oversee the appointment of Executive officers through the Appointments Clause in Article II, section 2. The Appointments Clause states that the President "shall nominate, and by and with the advice and consent of the Senate, shall appoint ambassadors, other public ministers and consuls, judges of the Supreme Court, and all other officers of the United States, whose appointments are not herein otherwise proved for, and which shall be established by law." This clause is an important part of the constitutional scheme of separation of powers, empowering the Senate to weigh in on the appropriateness of significant appointments and assisting in its oversight of the Executive Branch.

As a member of the Senate with the duty to oversee executive appointments and as the Chairman of the Senate Constitution Subcommittee, I respectfully urge you to disclose as much information as you can about these policy advisors and "czars."

Read FULL letter here:Feingold Questions Czars

We have to give Sen Feingold credit for having the courage to speak up and question.
The WH declined and sent no witness.
pugzrule
pugzrule
Admin

https://wethepeople2.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down